SATSA’s Directors oversee strategic and policy-based decisions concerned with the running of the organisation.
Board members are constituted as per the SATSA Memorandum of Incorporation.
Composition of the Board
- Each Chairperson of a Chapter recognised by SATSA shall be ex officio Member of the Board
- Six Directors are appointed by the Voting Members at the SATSA National AGM
- Additional Directors may be co-opted from time to time by a Special Resolution of the Board
- A Treasurer appointed from outside the Members of the Board shall be an ex officio Member of the Board
- The Chief Executive Officer shall be an Executive Director
- Each of the Directors shall be appointed to serve for a period of 3 years
- Two of the 6 Member-appointed Directors shall stand down at each AGM at the end of their term and may stand for re-election. There is no limit to the number of terms or years which an ordinary Director may serve